Guest, welcome to Lilimel Playhouse. This is a SIMS GROUP, if you are not into the SIMS GAMES, please do not register
Please register in order to view our home and participate fully.
We are Sims fanatics, we love to play all kinds of sims games, which gives us a real challenge. We have building games, decorating games and story games.
We also like to discuss about all kind of things, sims or not sims.
In one word we are a great gang that feels a lot like a big family.

Lilimel and the mods

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Guest, welcome to Lilimel Playhouse. This is a SIMS GROUP, if you are not into the SIMS GAMES, please do not register
Please register in order to view our home and participate fully.
We are Sims fanatics, we love to play all kinds of sims games, which gives us a real challenge. We have building games, decorating games and story games.
We also like to discuss about all kind of things, sims or not sims.
In one word we are a great gang that feels a lot like a big family.

Lilimel and the mods

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Don't miss any new announcement, updates, games deadline, voting, join the yahoo group announcement to get an email with direct link directly in your mailbox.    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/NewsfromthePlayhouse/

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:24 pm

+5
Robin
overcrowded
BlueIsis
Trish
Kate
9 posters

First Snow Today

Kate
    Kate
    Silver Member - 1000 posts

First Snow Today Empty First Snow Today

Post by Kate Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:05 pm

First Snow Today Snowonthebushes
    It snowed today so when I got home, I just had to take a picture of the Christmas lights covered in snow. So pretty.
    Trish
    Trish
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

First Snow Today Empty Re: First Snow Today

Post by Trish Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 pm

How beautiful Kate thanks for sharing that.
    Kate
    Kate

Post by Kate Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:07 pm

I love the lights under the snow. It's so cool to see the white blanket glowing in many colors.
    Trish
    Trish
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Trish Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Well you can keep most of that but unfortunately it is supposed to snow here for the next few days it is snowing now but we have just a dusting so far.

Yes I love the way they look under a snow blanket too.
    Kate
    Kate

Post by Kate Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 pm

We got the lake effect stuff blown all the way in from Lake Erie today. The great big fat heavy flakes that look so pretty falling from the sky.
    Trish
    Trish
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Trish Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes I love it when it is like that. Back when I could go for walks I used to love doing so at night. Was so refreshing.
    BlueIsis
    BlueIsis
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by BlueIsis Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:39 am

That's so pretty, I wish we had snow here. But our Christmas is always hot and the chorus of cicadas lets you know it is Christmas time.
    Kate
    Kate

Post by Kate Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:02 am

BlueIsis wrote:That's so pretty, I wish we had snow here. But our Christmas is always hot and the chorus of cicadas lets you know it is Christmas time.

I was in Palm Springs and San Diego California one year just before Christmas. It was very odd for me to see Santa and his sleigh hanging from palm trees and snowmen sitting in front yards of gravel. However, it was a real treat to see poinsettia plants growing wild. Some were like big bushes as tall as I am!
    overcrowded
    overcrowded
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by overcrowded Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 am

Kate - So much colour, that's very pretty.

Christine - You forgot it's very muggy and the smell of the bushfires(we're at the foot of The Blue Mountains, so get all the smoke from Sydney and it's surrounds settling here).
    Robin
    Robin
    Bronze Member-500 post
    Bronze Member-500 post

Post by Robin Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:48 am

You're so lucky to get snow at Christmas.. one of my "bucket list" dreams is to celebrate Christmas in a cabin with LOTS of snow. How dreamy your lights look... perfect photo
    BlueIsis
    BlueIsis
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by BlueIsis Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:58 am

Kate wrote:

I was in Palm Springs and San Diego California one year just before Christmas. It was very odd for me to see Santa and his sleigh hanging from palm trees and snowmen sitting in front yards of gravel. However, it was a real treat to see poinsettia plants growing wild. Some were like big bushes as tall as I am!

Yes I agree they are lovely and vibrant plants and I always by one at Christmas, to have on the table.

overcrowded wrote:Kate - So much colour, that's very pretty.

Christine - You forgot it's very muggy and the smell of the bushfires(we're at the foot of The Blue Mountains, so get all the smoke from Sydney and it's surrounds settling here).

That's true Jo, its a relief when it rains for Christmas. Which it may do here this year, we have been getting quite a lot over the last few weeks and we are supposed to be going into the La Nina cycle after years of drought.
    I tend to put the AC on early before it gets too hot as we have the traditional English Christmas dinner, so it makes it bearable to eat.
    Love your little Santa hat.
    Lizzy
    Lizzy
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Lizzy Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 am

Very pretty, Katey! I always got excited at the first snow fall of the season. And it is rather strange celebrating Christmas in a warm climate, guess because most of my life it was cold and snowy.

Thank you for sharing the picture!
    First Snow Today 14
    christie
    christie
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by christie Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Great picture Kate. We have lots of snow here but no outside lights so it doesn't look so pretty!This picture was a few days ago - my cyclamens are completely covered now!" alt=""/>
    Lizzy
    Lizzy
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Lizzy Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:16 pm

christie wrote:Great picture Kate. We have lots of snow here but no outside lights so it doesn't look so pretty!This picture was a few days ago - my cyclamens are completely covered now![img][/img]Photobucket" alt=""/>

WOW, Christie, you did get some snow! What a pretty flower box you have -- the Dusty Miller will survive the snow, not sure about the cyclamens.
    christie
    christie
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by christie Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm not sure what Dusty Miller is, Lizzy! My snowdrops were all coming up and set to flower for Christmas, so they are all in shock and I don't hold out much hope for any of my bulbs come springtime. We don't get this kind of weather here!
    Lizzy
    Lizzy
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Lizzy Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:31 pm

oh, the Dusty Miller is the white ruffled/lacy looking leaf plant. I always had these in my planters, they are very hardy. Very Happy

maybe you could toss a sheet or newspaper over your plants to protect them.
    christie
    christie
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by christie Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Lizzy wrote:oh, the Dusty Miller is the white ruffled/lacy looking leaf plant. I always had these in my planters, they are very hardy. Very Happy

maybe you could toss a sheet or newspaper over your plants to protect them.

I never heard those plants called that before. Too late to cover them over now I think, Lizzy. They have been covered by the snow for a week now! It's so cold in my flat that I could do with tossing a sheet or two of newspaper over myself - it's 13 degrees C (55F) in my bedroom at the moment and only 16 (60F) in the living room - brrrr! Smile
    Beth
    Beth
    Bronze Member-500 post
    Bronze Member-500 post

Post by Beth Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Love the picture, Kate! We've had plenty of snow today, I love it. Had to go shopping, though - and that's no fun. Most people are grumpy because the snow interferes with their life. They should try going out in a wheelchair in this weather, LOL They don't make snow-tires for electric wheelchairs, I wonder why not? I was slipping more than driving most of the time. Still, I love the cold, and I think snow is pretty. Have to see whether I can take a few pics! I really love the colours in your pic!
    BlueIsis
    BlueIsis
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by BlueIsis Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 pm

It looks pretty Christie, even though I doubt your cyclamens will survive it.
    Beth
    Beth
    Bronze Member-500 post
    Bronze Member-500 post

Post by Beth Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Depends - if the snow keeps the cyclamen warm they might survive. Last year, when we had three solid months of snow, the cyclamen came back up before the snowdrops did! Oh, and by the way - I use bubble wrap to protect my plants. They get light, but the cold air can't get at them. Works really well!
    Janet
    Janet
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by Janet Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am

So pretty, I love snow, havent had much in over 30 years though, we don't get much at all.
    Kate
    Kate

Post by Kate Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

Oh, Christie, your poor little flowers. They are so delicate and they look so cold. Plants are surprisingly resilient, though, so perhaps they will not all die.
    christie
    christie
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by christie Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Beth wrote:Depends - if the snow keeps the cyclamen warm they might survive. Last year, when we had three solid months of snow, the cyclamen came back up before the snowdrops did! Oh, and by the way - I use bubble wrap to protect my plants. They get light, but the cold air can't get at them. Works really well!

Bubble wrap is a great idea Beth. I'll try to remember that next time. Most years I can have plants flowering in my window box all winter long
    christie
    christie
    Gold member - 1500 post
    Gold member - 1500 post

Post by christie Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Beth wrote:Love the picture, Kate! We've had plenty of snow today, I love it. Had to go shopping, though - and that's no fun. Most people are grumpy because the snow interferes with their life. They should try going out in a wheelchair in this weather, LOL They don't make snow-tires for electric wheelchairs, I wonder why not? I was slipping more than driving most of the time. Still, I love the cold, and I think snow is pretty. Have to see whether I can take a few pics! I really love the colours in your pic!

I can't imagine how difficult that must be, Beth. I was frustrated enough slipping on 2 legs but having wheels not gripping the snow sounds aggravating and possibly hazardous.
    Beth
    Beth
    Bronze Member-500 post
    Bronze Member-500 post

Post by Beth Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 pm

I can't imagine how difficult that must be, Beth. I was frustrated enough slipping on 2 legs but having wheels not gripping the snow sounds aggravating and possibly hazardous.

It is aggravating, but I'm used to it - this is my fifth winter on wheels! Hazardous - yes, if you don't get out of my way fast enough, LOL!

There aren't enough folks in electric wheelchairs over here (about 200,000 in Germany, I'm told), so there's no incentive to make appropriate tires. I'd also like some way of warning people that I'm about to turn: I don't have eyes in the back of my head!

Mind you, it would be nice if people kept their eyes open... but I find that sitting in the chair, people just don't see you. Mh, maybe I need a horn... now, there's a thought!

I'm not looking forward to Sunday - they forecast black ice, and it'll be difficult taking the dogs for their walks. Still, better cold and ice than scorching heat!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:14 pm